Great and Unsearchable Things

Things the Lord gives me, and then I write them.

Sunday, April 28, 2013

Obedience=Trusting in Him

    I've noticed lately that obedience to the Lord is being down-played in many teachings out there, in our walk with Him. Hmmmm......let's look at that. If I say I trust Him, but want to do my own thing, do I really trust Him? What am I trusting Him for? To carry out my own will?
     He guides us, many times telling us what to do, as a good Father does, and we disregard or ignore His wise counsel. Instead we do what "we think is best." Have we really "sat at His feet" so to speak, or are we putting ourselves above Him?  Do we worship our own selves, leaning to our own understanding, or do we submit under His wisdom and trust that?
     I think He makes it clear in His Word when He says that He is the potter, and we are the clay. Or, even the fact that He is called Lord, Master, King, Savior, etc. says it all. "Why do you call me Lord, Lord, and do not do what I say?"-Luke 6:46, He asks.
     Love, trust, and obeying cannot be seperated in responding to His precious love to us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home