Great and Unsearchable Things

Things the Lord gives me, and then I write them.

Saturday, April 27, 2013

Koinonia-Blessed Fellowship

   "Nothing from nothing, leaves nothing. You gotta have something, if you wanna be with me." In my discontent this morning, these words from a song of the past came to my mind.
     I'm wondering if a believer can be sustained on Christ only? Although sounding heretical, I'm talking about our other human needs being filled that God Himself has put in us. If we try to ignore the fact that we are human beings, and tell ourselves those innate needs are not important (because we have Christ) we put ourselves in a quandry. I'm referring to the need for fellowship with the Body of Christ.
     I am finding I need to be around people more. Since our children are grown and have families of their own, my husband and I are the only ones in the household, and we are not enough for each other. Also, we live in the country, and don't meet regularly with anyone. We do have company come a few times a year, and that is nice, and I do meet with my sister for Bible Study every week. But, overall, there is a deadness and hollow feeling in our lives, like something is lacking.
     Yesterday I met with a married couple at a restaurant whose spirits are very sweet and uplifting! I was blessed by this flow, and it was then I realized my need for more life giving fellowship. Being face to face with people in the Body of Christ who are  edifying, I believe, is what God has in mind for each of us, and it is this that I feel I need now.
     So maybe it's not discontent that I feel, but simply lack, which God is directing me to reach out and receive. Afterall, His Word tells me that when I let the Good Shepherd take care of me, I will not be in lack. (I shall not want)  I am wondering, though, if sometimes He provides these things for us, but then He wants us to seek them out to receive them. In other words, to make a move on our own in obtaining what He's already provided for us, instead of just sitting there and expecting them to come to us.  I believe this is what He is saying to me in this case.
     The picture is of a sheep being provided with some good forage. The Shepherd puts this food in a bin of some sort for His sheep to eat. There is plenty for all. As they see Him doing this, all, except one, begins to come and eat. The one just stands there watching the others, and doesn't take steps to get the food, then wonders why they feel downcast or left out. As the Father tells the elder brother in the prodigal son parable, "all I had was yours already."
     Everything is provided for us, but all we have to do is reach out and receive it. in other words, "go get it." He is telling us all He has is ours. Wow! That tells me that He has already provided for solid, good and uplifting fellowship for me in His Body. I just need to go and get it, being confident that He will be my guide.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home