Great and Unsearchable Things

Things the Lord gives me, and then I write them.

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Killing Leviathan!!!

     When do we switch gears from knowing you cannot follow God's will within yourself, and then believing "I can do all things, through Christ who strengthens me?" There is a fine line between the two. I mean even though we think we are doing things in God's strength alone, we continue to find out that we are still partially operating in our own. I found that out this morning.
     Yesterday, I reviewed in my mind one of my repetitive failures in my conduct, and I made a vow that I was not going to do that ever again. Well, this morning, I found myself doing it, after the fact. I didn't even notice it at the time, but only in retrospect. I asked God about it, and He showed me I was still putting confidence in the flesh, even as I made a vow not to do something anymore. All the vow demonstrated was my desire to do "good" but not the power to do it.
     So, as I sat in my chair saddened about my behavior which was hurtful to me and others, and realizing what God by His Spirit had revealed to me (I had confidence in myself) I confessed this to Him, and asked Him to help me keep this vow, but by His power not mine.
     As I was making my bed, the Scripture came to me, with additional words to it: "Not by (my) might, not by (my) power, but by His Spirit!!!!! Yes, we can't follow His will in our own strength. To do so, or even to think we can, shows we still put confidence in us, over Him in many ways.
     In yesterday's post, I shared how God had slayed some of my flesh or pride. Today I realize that there is still so much more in me that He needs to put to the cross, because Paul said it right-The flesh wars against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh. I witnessed that this morning unfortunately.
     I so much want to have my pride rendered helpless, but thinking I can slay it is a futile belief also. I thought I heard God speak by His Spirit to me yesterday. He said,  "Pride cannot bow to me because of it's nature; it has to be slayed."
    Having this kind of "death wish" is a good one, but one in which only He can accomplish in us. We can't make vows and hope to accomplish them in our strength.Maybe that is why He said that He doesn't come to bring peace, but a sword! He is faithful to slay with His sword that ugly monster Leviathan in us, or our pride. Even so, come Lord Jesus!!!


    

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home