Great and Unsearchable Things

Things the Lord gives me, and then I write them.

Friday, March 22, 2013

He is Lord of the Appointed Time

     Who is who? Wheat or Tares? Satan masquerades himself as an angel of light, and so do his messengers, and  because of this, perhaps, is why God tells us not to judge things before the appointed time. (I Cor. 4:5) Who, besides God, can see the hearts of men, can discern a situation where lying, confusion and deception is involved, unless He, by His Spirit, chooses to make these things known?
     Being in a situation like this recently that involves people we have loved, known and trusted, has turned our world upside down. To not be able to make heads or tails of this clearly, is unsettling, to say the least. Sometimes, though, when caught in these dilemmas, we have to rely on God's promise that "He will bring to light what is hidden in darkness and will expose the motives of men's hearts." (I Cor. 4:5b) Until then, we just have to wait and accept the obscurity.
     Truly this position is a walk of faith, as we can't see and yet we are called on to believe. My tendency is to want immediate clarity and resolution to an issue, so that the guilty will be revealed and the innocent vindicated, especially when we (my husband and I) have to make a decision associated with the events which have occured.
     I guess the question becomes, "Can we trust the timing of the Lord, even when we want things revealed now?" Of course, I know the answer would be that we need to trust the Lord in all things, if we are indeed trusting Him to be Lord of all in our lives.  I don't want to resist Him in this. I'm afraid I've done that too many times, and have caused myself, my relationship with Him and others problems because of this.  Enough of wrestling with Him at the Brook Jabok, as Jacob did!
     Yes, Lord, I accept that You have decided to withhold revealing clarity in this matter. I don't understand it, but I accept it because I trust in You in the darkness. You have told me that when I do that, I will never be put to shame. Thank you, Lord, for helping me accept Your will. Amen.


"As I stumble through the darkness, I will call Your name by night. God of Wonders beyond our galaxy-You are Holy, Holy."

And P.S., Lord-thank you for connecting me with a sister in the Lord today who reminded me that God works in an atmosphere of mercy, and that extending our love to others in this situation is our only part, trusting God to take care of the rest. I needed to be reminded of that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home