Great and Unsearchable Things

Things the Lord gives me, and then I write them.

Saturday, December 21, 2013

In the Presence of the King

     I am experiencing more of what it means to be "in the world, but not of it." It is a place in Him where a person is cocooned; a place where you are aware of what is going on around you, and of what is being said and done by others who are in the world, but also a place of protective isolation as you allow yourself to be kept by Him, under His Wing. When a person experiences this, it is almost surreal. One's inner thoughts may go something like this: "I know I am here, and I know I am in what many call 'reality,' but I am also somewhere else at the same time. I am not engaging the world, except as He gives me utterance or prompting, and my soul is at peace and rest."
     I am in and out of this state, because it takes so many washings of the world and the flesh, (or crucifixions, whatever you may call them) in someone to remain out of the world and into His. One of my weaknesses in this area, is of wanting to be "included" and "valued" by others who are eating and drinking of this world. I want to be a part because of loneliness, and feeling different and ostracized, which are uncomfortable feelings to have.  I am learning, though, that I never will be embraced by those living in another kingdom, and that His Kingdom is the better place, and the only place for those who desire to be conformed to His image.
     As He's enabled me to accept these realities, I am finding that under His Wing, I find true comfort, peace and acceptance from Him, and because of that, I am finding I want to remain in this sacred place, more and more.

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home