Great and Unsearchable Things

Things the Lord gives me, and then I write them.

Friday, December 20, 2013

Anchored for A Purpose

    Have you ever wondered what it means for Christ to be "the anchor of your soul"? That phrase dropped in my spirit last night as I was washing dishes, and my mind went to a time a few days ago when I experienced this. Right now, I can't remember exactly what had gone on, but something triggered my emotions to the point of my flesh wanting to vent full force and do some thing that would have resulted in a very bad scene. As these emotions pulsed through my veins, something beyond my control, restrained me, and I knew it was Him. It was as if, even if I had wanted to give my flesh it's way, His presence in me prevented it. Only His power in me, could have overcome my flesh like that. It was a situation, where I knew, He knew, I really couldn't control myself and so He stopped me. He anchored my soul.
     It's comforting to know that "when the enemy comes in like a flood, the Spirit of the Lord will raise up a standard against him" in us. (Isaiah 59:19) Not when we don't care if our flesh has our way, and attempt to justify it, as in "I'll do what I want when I want it, and nothing can stop me," but when He knows we are not wanting to let our flesh have it's way, but the empowering force of satan is aiding it, against our wills. I believe it is then, that He comes to the rescue, and fights the good fight inside of us, and it's incredible. That is when we see that "greater is He that is in me, than He that is in the world."
     The song below voices someone who is  praying to God for His will, and asks Him to "overcome us in our weakness, so we can stand up and fight." Sometimes we find ourselves on the floor of the boxing ring and desperately need a power greater than our own, and a Champion comes to fight for us; one that has already won the fight on the cross!!! And, once again, we are anchored, never having to fear, that if we truly desire His blessed Will, we will never "go off the deep end," for He will protect us from that. After all, His preserving us is not just for us. It's for His Sovereign plan and purpose of the "restoration of all things."



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home