Great and Unsearchable Things

Things the Lord gives me, and then I write them.

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

He is the One

     When I was reading a pamphlet the other day, I came across a question which many Christians are familiar with. It is from the Word of God, and asked by Jesus to Peter: "Who do you say that I am?" The author of the article said that how we, as individuals answer that question, will be reflected in how we walk this walk with Him.
     I'd like to rephrase the question and ask," How have you known or experienced Him, or who is He to you?" I decided to get a sheet of paper and write down as many ways as I could think of to describe how I have, or currently am experiencing Jesus in my life. Before you read what I came up with, why don't you do the same for yourself?
     As I wrote, I looked at each good thing I had in my life, or had in my life, or was presenting itself in my life, and then concluded that all of it was from Him. I then described Him through each thing, by coming up with a "name" for Him to describe it.
     Instead of an arduous "assignment" or "duty" it was a beautiful picture of tasting and seeing Him as I reviewed each aspect of Him; it was an unfolding of His beauty before me, which resulted in His warm presence inside of me.
     Below are the characteristics which flowed from me about Him, and the role He has played in my own life:

Jesus is the Dependable One; the Ever-Faithful One; the Never-Failing One; the Perfect One; the Accepting One; the Conquering One; the Mighty One; the Victorious One; the Redeeming One; the Transforming One; the Sustaining One; the Ever-Loving One; the Restoring One; the Protecting One; the Defending One; the Encouraging One; the Motivating One; the Saving One; the Providing One; the Gifting One; the Creating One; the Creative One; the Guiding One; the Praying One; the Supporting One; the Courageous One; the Supernatural One; the Attentive One; the Freeing One; the Gentle and Humble One; the Equipping One; the Ever-Lasting One; the Trustful One; the Healing One; the Secure One; the Comforting One; the Sovereign One; the Just One; the Merciful One; the Wise One; the Warm One; the Blessing One; the Compensating One; the Sacrificing One; the Responsive One; the Complete One; the Forgiving One; the Peaceful One; the Good One; the Purposeful One; the Accomplishing One; the Patient One; the Revealing One; the Mysterious One; the Pure One; the Detailed One; the Enduring One; the Overseeing One; the Sound One; the Hopeful One; the Ministering One: the All-Powerful One; the Unconditional Loving One; the Persisting One; the Giving One; the Grace-Filled One; the Counseling One; the Approachable One; the Discerning One; the Adjusting One; the Balancing One; the Keeping One; the Enabling One; the Empowering One; the Baptizing One; the Majestic One; the Miracle-Working One; the Planning One; the Finishing One; the Activating One; the Cherishing One; the Prophesying One; the Caring One; the Interested One; the Bountiful One; the Exhorting One; the Fulfilling One; the Discipling One; the Life-Giving One; the Hard-working One; the Controlled One; the Confident One; the Amazing One; the Focused One; the Beautiful One; the Compassionate One; the Surreal One; the Courageous One; the Edifying One; the Original One; the Eternal One; the Ruling One; the Change-Producing One; the God-Reflecting One; the Joy-Filled One; the Sacrificial One; the Cleansing One; the Examining One; the Interpreting One; the Truth-telling One; the Truth-filled One; the Flexible One; the Thought-Provoking One; the Awe-Inspiring One; the Stable One; the Available One; the Unending One; the Undying One; the Harmless One; the Satisfied One; the Most Precious One, the Undivided One; the Serving One; the Non-Condemning One; the Passionate One; the Proclaiming One; the Light-Filled One, the Conquering One, the Honorable One, the Pain-Relieving One, the Sober-minded One, the Joy Giving One, the Cleansing One, AND the Son of the One, True God!!!!!!!
    As I wrote this list, it became a litany of praise unto Him and nourished my soul to realize just who He is in my life, and how He has been there for me in so many ways.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home