Great and Unsearchable Things

Things the Lord gives me, and then I write them.

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Releasing His Love

     "Give and it shall be given to you," is a principal of  love, although we often think about it related to money, here in America. I was reminded of this truth just last night, through a small book called The Dynamics of Grace  by Marijo Lavine Hickman. (joyfulfaith.net)This Thursday a group of ladies and I are going to begin a Bible study, using this book.
     I am letting this truth permeate my soul today, reflecting on it in terms of how I love my husband, children and grandchildren, and examining what in me is hindering the flow of God's gracious flow through me to them. Of course these same hindrances also interfere with loving friends and all people in general who I come in contact with. But, as has been said, "Charity begins at home."
    I'd like to clarify how the Scripture, "give and it shall be given unto you," applies to love. It's not that we give love to get love-that would be self centered in itself. It's that we possess the love of God in our hearts (he says it has been shed abroad in us, if we are His) and when the log-jams are removed in us, His love can flow, and then as a result more and more of it can and will flow through us. This love of His flowing through us then becomes so satisfying to our souls (as we are experiencing it also as it does) that it feels like we are receiving it as well as the person we are imparting it to. His River of Life not only cleanses and refreshes us as it flows, but also the one it is flowing to, and then the two people feel closer as a result.
    I want the hindrances of fear and jealousy removed from my soul!!! I have struggled with these two beasts for too long. I've used them for protection and to try and justify my behavior and they have infected me, and have built a log-jam in my soul, preventing me from letting His love flow to others. Maybe that is why I have "struggled" so much.
     I know the study we are embarking upon addresses these type things, because I have read the book before, but I feel that this time I am more ready than ever to be rid of them. I'll let you know how it goes. Although I am facillitating the study, I feel I am in need as much as any of the ladies that are coming; maybe even more. Only God knows our souls and what we are dealing with personally.  I am excited to see what He will do in each one of us, as these truths are some of the most important ones in letting God have His way in us.
     Although I speak with the tongues of angels, give my body to be burned on Christ's behalf, give all my money away to the poor, and if I DON'T HAVE LOVE, I am nothing, God says in His Word. So, nothing I "do" means anything, if  the love of God is not flowing through me to others.
     This study is going to be hallmark in helping me release the precious perfume that He's placed within me. We are a fragrant offering to be poured out to the world, first to the immediate world in which we live. God, let it be so, through me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home