Great and Unsearchable Things

Things the Lord gives me, and then I write them.

Friday, October 05, 2012

Patti's Song

     On this blog, I can see how many people view it each day, and see what countries are viewing it. I think that is pretty neat. I've noticed that one of the top countries viewing it is Russia, which I find very interesting. I am wondering if they are Christians or non-Christians, and what they are thinking when they read what I have written. I want to know about their beliefs and mind-sets, since they are from a country that I know very little about.
     Our limited views cloud the reality of the truth about people, places and things. I'm embarrased to say that when I think of Russia, I think of the movie Dr. Zhivago, I think of the beautiful spires, and I think of it being cold and snowing. Do I remember something about a Bolshevik Revolution? But what of the people? What do I know about them, and particularly the Christians in Russia-what are their beliefs, and how do they live out the Christian life in Russia? Are they able to share the Gospel openly at all, or do they have to  use underground methods?
     I would love to get to know some people in a face to face encounter, and ask them these things, to "get the picture"of who they are and in how God is using them to shine His light in that part of the world.
     You know, my husband has said he has always wanted to go to Russia. I, however, being super sensitive to the cold, have slightly ignored his desire. But now since I've noticed people from Russia are reading my blog, I am somewhat considering it. You may think this is silly or just wrong, but I think God talks to us like that sometimes. He puts something before us repeatedly for a reason, steering us to where He wants us to go or what He wants us to do. Well, I know He talks to me in that way.
     So, I will continue to seek Him about that, and see if He puts the next step in front of me. Maybe He just had to get my selfish will of not wanting to go just because of the cold out of the way, before He opened up the gateway to Russia to us.
     Just want to say, "Hello, Russia" and I might be seeing you soon.
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home