Great and Unsearchable Things

Things the Lord gives me, and then I write them.

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

The Value of Worship to Us

  
Lately, I've been examining the value of worshipping in song, and 2 things in particular have come to my mind:

1) When we are worshipping, our minds are engaged in focusing on Jesus, and when we disengage this activity, our minds usually go back to the things of this world, or our own world. Just as the worship song says: "Turn your eyes upon Jesus, Look full in His wonderful face, and the things of earth will grow strangely dim, in the light of His Glory and Grace." I experience peace when all my faculties are focused on Him.

2) It's the only time I feel that I'm united with the Body of Christ. Again, when we aren't worshipping Him, our minds get active and many times we are disagreeing on doctrine and other things, and disunity results.


Hello, Panama and the Ukraine!!! Thanks for stopping by!! God's peace and love to you!!!

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home