Great and Unsearchable Things

Things the Lord gives me, and then I write them.

Monday, October 01, 2012

He Restores My Soul (Yours, too!)

     We can be sure that the Lover of our soul, will restore our soul. This part of us is our mind, our will and our emotions. As we were raised up in our formative years, our souls developed in a twisted way-some more than others. Some of the more fortunate had parents who themselves were redeemed and mature in the Lord, and who nurtured, loved and guided their children with characteristics much like the Lords. These ones don't need as much "restoring" as others who were raised up in oppressive, godless, or even abusive environments. Or some had tramatic things happen to them and they weren't able to process them correctly and so many bent ways beared on, and even became a part of their souls. They could have even developed a persona, that overtime, convinced them it is just part of their personality, when in reality, it is something (or things) the Lord is wanting to restore for them, so that His picture of who they can become, is in truth, the picture of who they really are, or who they could have been if they would have had the necessary ingredients to cause their souls to florish!!!
     So, He brings us a promise here: He tells us that He will restore our souls, or bring them back to His original intent or picture of who He sees us as.  Recently, He's shown me that I can't change me. How many times does that truth have to be said to me, or shown to me before I believe it? Well, obviously many times. But God doesn't get tired of trying to show me, for He desires wholeness to my soul. Finallly, I am beginning to see that I can't fix or change me,and if I did, I surely wouldn't change me to the "me" that is God's vision. It would be far, far inferior to that, I'm sure.
     Lo and behold, since I've begun to believe and trust Him to restore my soul, He has shown me some things in me that definately need restoring. My only part, then is to acknowledge the truth of what He's shown me, and offer those bent ways to Him, and then  know that He will begin to change them in me. It is awesome really. I await my deliverance and healing, and look forward to the new creation that I am, and that I am becoming.
     No longer will I have defenses and  hard ways in me that I've depended on in the past to protect myself, but will be able to trust my Father to come to my rescue each and everytime. As a result, I will be softer and more approachable for others, and the walls will come tumbling down. My soul will be able to express itself in good ways and in ways that will glorify Him.

   "Bless the Lord, oh my soul, and all that is within me bless His holy name."
    
Hello, New Zealand!!!
    

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home