Great and Unsearchable Things

Things the Lord gives me, and then I write them.

Friday, September 28, 2012

Father Make Us One

    " Do not forsake the assembling of yourselves together, and even more so as you see the Day approaching."  I know "the Day" here is speaking of that "great and terrible Day" when the Lord comes back again; "great" for believers, "terrible for unbelievers," but I see another day for America which will preceed "the Day." The coming storm clouds are quickly gathering, and frankly, it scares me.
      In fact, I was talking with a sister in Christ the other day, and she said," I hope I'm not a chicken and can stand firm in my faith, "referring to a future time in our country when perhaps we, as Christians will be persecuted. I remarked that I am a chicken, and that is why I can only depend on the Lord's help and strength during that time.
     When I see all the ducks getting in a row for this to occur, I am having the urge to assemble myself together with my brothers and sisters in Christ; not in terms of sitting in a church building necessarily, but in terms of laying aside our differences for the sake of Christ and true fellowship. I was wondering if coming up with different doctrines is a luxury of the "rich" so to speak. In other words, when we have freedom, we roam around and write books, articles, blogs, and record our teaching, go on TV, and speak about the things of the Kingdom. This is a good thing, as we in America, are saturated with resources in our understanding of these things.
     But persecuted Christians, probably dispense of all this rankering, and "hunker down together" in the name and person of Jesus Christ. And that is what I  personally experiencing. I am having a great desire to be united with others who love the Lord by laying down what I formerly held onto as "my convictions." God is using these perilous times to do this inner work. Maybe that is what it took for me. Maybe I had to be scared enough (by what I see coming) to embrace more fully my brothers and sisters, and united we stand, divided we fall makes more sense now.
     With that unity, we will be able to encourage each other in the Lord daily, while it is yet called day. We will make it, as our Lord will guide us, as He has said, as He has in the past, and as He will continue to. Keeping our eyes on Jesus is the key. Lord, help us do that!
    

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home