Great and Unsearchable Things

Things the Lord gives me, and then I write them.

Tuesday, May 07, 2013

Waiting and Rising

     "Out with the old; in with the new"-when we turn a corner with God, He opens up new horizons and visions to us. Rocking along for many years in a fixed position, as one knows physically, can create achy joints and muscles. So it is spiritually.
     Sometimes we don't even know we are fixed; we just think we are comfortable. Thank God He sees and knows all, and whenever we, as His children who are bent on following His will only in our lives, get stuck unknowingly, He comes along and shakes up the status quo. Many times this feels like pain and heartache, because we were set on things continuing at their present pace and place.
     When the shake-down happens, we feel dis-oriented and confused and misplaced. Where do we go from here becomes the question of the day.
     We are finding, however, that when we do surrender to "laying something down" at His leading, that He soon begins to bring things into focus. It doesn't take long to see where He is taking us after surrendering.
     We are being launched into a new beginning with the Lord and how He would use our resources and our lives. New excitement is beginning to pulse through our veins, even in older age.
     I decided a long time ago that I was not going to get old in the traditional sense. What I mean by that is that I will always look for the ways the Lord is leading me in my life to be used for His glory! I will look for the adventures He has for me around the corner.
     We were given a word of the Lord from a couple a few years ago. They said that when the tethers on our hot air balloon were severed, we would soar for Jesus! I think this might be our time to soar, unhindered by the routines of the past, our preconceived ideas, and our doubts and fears. Freedom to soar with the eagles!
    

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home