Great and Unsearchable Things

Things the Lord gives me, and then I write them.

Sunday, May 12, 2013

"Soul" Praying

      Many years ago, I attended a meeting at a church, whose purpose was to pass out names of high officials to each person, so that they would pray for them to be saved. I prayed for the woman, whose name was typed on a piece of paper before me.                 
     According to natural reasoning,  she would seem like a hard case to be won by the Lord, if that is possible. I am saying that because she is of another faith already and because her views are anti-christ. She would be someone, not many would want to get to pray for. But I got her, and really, I did not mind because I kind of like the hard cases, knowing truly, that the power of the Holy Spirit is greater.
     Many years ago I experienced seeing His power captivate someone who had chosen the darkness. He spoke to my spirit: "They cannot go too far from Me, that my Blood cannot go further still."  In other words, He was assuring me that they could be rescued, "out of the darkness, and into His marvelous light," because the shedding of His blood on the cross, had already provided for them no matter how far away they had gone.  And they were rescued and saved, after their actions reached a pinnacle, and a spiritual war was waged for their soul. In the end though, God won them to His heart as He pulled them from the fire. It was a glorious sight to behold!
     Back to this woman: On and off, as she came to my mind, I would lift her up to God, asking for her soul to be saved. Now, today, I see her picture on the news, and was reminded once again to pray for her. It was actually an encouragement to me, personally.
     God is using this to remind me that He can still use me. Last night, as I lay in bed restless and hurting physically, I told Him that I felt He had abandoned us (my husband and I) because our lives felt like we were not being used by Him, and I so desperately want to be. We have lost many things and people the past few years. Many of these were people we used to fellowship with, in the Lord, and so this added to feeling abandoned by God, too. It has seemed like our lives were going no where.
     Seeing this woman sparked in me how I can be used in His Kingdom without going anywhere or doing anything. He is showing me that I can pray for souls to be saved daily anywhere that I am. I can go to the far corners of the earth, praying for souls in other nations, or stay right here at home, praying for those around me. I had forgotten the power of prayer; or should I say, the God of power, and how He responds to these prayers, which are in according to His Will.
    I'm reminded, once again, that to stand in the gap on behalf of people's souls, is of great value and purpose to the Lord and His Kingdom. It is what He came for: to destroy the works of the devil, and to save people from their sins. He already accomplished that on the cross. Now, as soul intercessors, ask Him to draw people by name, unto Himself, He begins to perform His will. As I did this with my son, He spoke to my spirit and said, "Stand back and watch the glory of God!" And I did, and He did the work. I got to pray for, and see a soul being saved before my eyes.
     This most powerful "act" of praying for souls is not of any great acclaim in this world, but of the world to come. It is to enter into a place with the God of the universe in such as way as to be in a sort of symbiotic relationship with Him. It is a priveleged place, which is humbling and beautiful; a "oneness" with God and His Will that is beyond description. Praying "evangelistically" will take your own soul to new heights, as you join with God's will in this way.
    
        

1 Comments:

  • At 5/14/2013 6:59 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Wow Patti, there is no doubt that God is using you in prayer! You are a mighty warrior in battle and I am sure the results will be awesome when we reach Heaven. Continue on! Blessings and I have and will continue to keep you in prayer!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home