Great and Unsearchable Things

Things the Lord gives me, and then I write them.

Thursday, November 08, 2012

Come to the Table!

     We are again having our Bible Study today. If you haven't read about it before, every Thursday me and my sister-in-laws meet and go through a book called The Dynamics of Grace by Marijo Hickman. The awesome thing about this study is that it was "called" by the Holy Spirit. Now, I have tried in the past to call Bible Studies because I thought they were a good thing to do, and they indeed are. But there is something about it when He assembles believers together, and when we do.
    As my brother in Indiana says; one is a Ishmael, while the other is an Isaac. (the false or self initiated, and the real or God initiated.) It has taken me soooooooooooo long to begin to differentiate the two. I do know that when I try and create something, it feels hollow and rigid. There usually is some kind of control involved on my side, even though I haven't consciously tried to control. Because it was His idea, though, I don't have to try and make it a "success" and it has usually been me in the past who has tried to define what that means.
     No, God has called this meeting, and it is good and it is real and it is life-changing and has eternal purpose. I am just being allowed to be a part of His plan, and so are the other ladies. Each week before we meet, I feel excitement to see what He is going to do, where the conversation will takes us, and how the Spirit of God will move on each one as to what they share with the others. Last week, we had two seperate visits by other family members as we were in the middle of our fellowship. Even those, God showed me were God-ordained.
     I am seeing things move in my beloved sister-in-laws souls. I am seeing Him stir them; some to convicting truth on the inside of them and some to draw closer, and them to be able to see His glory. Growth in and towards Him is a beautiful thing! He is revealing things in me I never saw before, and I mean BIG things; things that as I respond to Him according to His will, will change me, my marriage, my family and my entire remaining life FOREVER. So, I guess that is one of the main differences between an Isaac and an Ishmael. Isaac was prophesied from the heart of God, and Ishmael from the heart of man. Isaac is living, and Ishmael is dead. Isaac brings honor to God, while Ishmael brings dishonor to both man and God.
     Until our relationship becomes, "what is in your heart, God?" instead of "God do my will, in my way and time," there will be life (that is not really life) with no results except those that will cause more damage than good, and will eventually die.
      So, our fellowshipping today is one involving "brethren dwelling together in unity" and will result in so many unseen ways, of Him "commanding a blessing of life forevermore," because He will live through it. Long, live the King! Rule over us! Your blessed will be done! Oh, what a luscious buffet you have planned for us this day!!!


 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home