Great and Unsearchable Things

Things the Lord gives me, and then I write them.

Friday, November 02, 2012

Let's Go Scuba Diving!

     I heard my son once say, "I wouldn't wish this mind of mine on anyone." I could identify with that to some degree. Of course, I don't know what goes through his mind really. I do know, however, that mine is very active, and sometimes it has caused me problems. I must admit, though, that I do love to think about things; to wonder, to dig, to seach out a matter, and to understand things. This has been both positive and negative in my seeking God and His Kingdom. Thank goodness He says that if we seek, then we will find.
    I think the enemy can take advantage of our wondering mind and "during the night" plant his seeds there. When someone's awareness is heightened, it can tune into the spiritual realm where both the Holy Spirit and the spirits of darkness are. Sometimes, then it can get confusing as to what is God's voice, and what is satan presenting himself as an angel of light, when he mimicks God's voice. Even when we find ourselves in this place of severe uncertainty, and chaos, God is with us, and He eventually brings us out on the other side. We just think we're down for the count.
    I like the fact that God says that even demons cannot seperate us from the love of God. Sometimes when we are in the spiritual blackhole, it can definately FEEL like God's love is gone, as we cannot feel His presence. If fear comes in, the feeling of love goes out.
     I realize that I am a deep thinker, but have also come to know to beware of going too deep. Just like in diving, I can get the bends. But, I am also aware of the fact that going deep in the Lord is to find hidden treasures under the sea, and sometimes  the cost of possibly being attacked by a shark, or of actually being attacked by one, is worth it. For I come to the surface, enriched by His truths alive in me, and willing to share what I have found under the deep; like a spiritual Jacque Coustea. The biggest find, though, is Christ Himself; the perfect pearl of great price.

For those of you who have suffered mercilessly under the hand of the enemy for whatever reason, I leave you with a quote I copied many years ago. I don't know who actually wrote it, but it sure encouraged me:

"Beloved, you who are most tormented, most sorrowfully tried, most weighed down, yours is the brighter hope. Be courageous. Play the warrior for God, for Christ, for your own soul. The day will come when you will ride triumphant through the streets of Jerusalem with your master---with sin, death and hell captive at your chariot wheels, and you with your Lord crowned as victor, having overcome through trust in the blood of the Lamb."


 
(Hi Ecuador!!! Come back and see me sometime!!!)
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home