Great and Unsearchable Things

Things the Lord gives me, and then I write them.

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Jehovah Shalom-Our Peace

     Woke up this morning by the ringing of our home phone. My daughter called from California. She relayed to my husband that a "drunk" had tried to kick down her door, so she called the police. She said it took them 20 minutes to get there, and when they arrived, they appeared very unconcerned, barely even looking around to try and catch the guy.
     My daughter and her son live alone. She was divorced 6 years ago, and has moved 3 times since then, saying that each place she's lived, she believes was by the leading of the Lord. I don't want to question that, because who am I to really know those kinds of things. Ever since she was radically saved, she has followed His leading, as it should be.
     In fact, even before she was saved, she followed His direction with abandon, and ended up in Florida, not knowing that she would be met by Him in a revival. Here He came to her and brought deliverance and this is where she received Him, never to look back. He rescued her from drugs and other destructive behaviors, that she had been entangled with for years, bringing heartache to herself, and to us, as we stood by and watched. Not until I choose Him, as He came to me one day, did I know how to handle this fearful situation. After that, I began to lift my entire family up to Him, and He gave me assurance that one day He would rescue them all. My husband came next, when he was so frightened for her life, that he accepted Him, and then shortly after that, she came to receive His salvation.
     So, here we are about 16 years later. When my husband got back in bed, we prayed for our daughter and our grandson, that God would protect and keep them. Being seperated physically, made running to God in this matter, easier really. It was interesting where my mind wanted to go in all of this. Thoughts of "I knew she shouldn't have moved too far away from us," tried to encroach on the faith I had just put in God to do what we had asked.
     I remember another time when my son's, then girlfriend, now wife, was in a  dangerous situation, and he was desperately fearful, and sharing that with me. She was too far away from him for him to physically rescue her.  Suddenly, a sure word of the Lord came to me, which I shared with him. It was, "The Lord's arm is not too short that it cannot save." I have taken that to mean, that no matter where someone is either geographically or spiritually or emotionally, God is right there, and will help, as we call out to Him. I take that stance now with my daughter, as the Spirit is bringing that to mind. 
     Of course, as her natural mother, and the nature of mother's, I want to be with her, rescue her and calm her fears by saying or doing something that would bring here comfort and peace of mind. But, really when I realize who God is, how much more can He do those things for her? Even if she is 2000 miles away from me and her Dad. He transcends space, and He can bring so much more comfort and peace, then we can even think of. Sometimes, in fact, He is the only One who can bring peace.
     I will briefly share a time when He did that for me: About the same time and year my daughter came to the Lord in Florida, 5 men broke into my house, tied me up, threatened by life, took our stuff and kicked me in the head, before leaving. The night before the trial was to begin, the fear in me was so strong that I told the Lord, that unless I had His peace, I was going to drop the charges. This wasn't an idle threat; I knew I couldn't go through with it, without His felt presence. After praying, I  still felt fearful. The next morning, I woke up fine. I had what it took to go through with it. I had His peace. Looking back, I knew that NOTHING anyone said to me or did for me would bring comfort to me. It went deeper than that. I needed His supernatural presence in me to calm my fears, and He came though for me, in me; right there by my side.
     So, with my daughter. Perhaps us not being there with her, will cause her to press in further and be totally open before Him, asking Him for what only He can give her. What better Hands for her to be in? What purer Love? What greater Peace, than His to cover her fear-filled mind and heart? Oh, I feel much better now, remembering and acknowledging who He is. He is that for me and He is that for her. "Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, YOU ARE WITH ME AND MY DAUGHTER AND GRANDSON." Thank you, Lord for your love, comfort, assurance and peace.

P.S.-I noticed that I've run to Jehovah, my Peace twice this month! (See Oct. 10th post, if interested.) Yes, He is limitless, and continues to supply all of our need time after time after time. He has no expiration date!!!
Hello, South Africa!!! Good to see you here. God bless you and keep you with His perfect peace today.

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home