Great and Unsearchable Things

Things the Lord gives me, and then I write them.

Thursday, November 01, 2012

From Kuwait to Mercy

 
     I just lost my post!!! (Sad face) Whenever I've either lost emails I 've written or a post or something, I just can not write it over. It's as if , as it came out of me, it was for that time and it can't be recreated. So, I will just say what my daughter used to say, "it must be so," meaning if it happened, it must have been what was to happen. So, now I am here wondering what the Lord would have me write. Let's see what happens.
     First all, I noticed that someone from Kuwait viewed my blog. Now, how cool is that? The word "Kuwait" does segway to a memory I had with my sister. One time when I was visiting her, I wanted to see an Imax movie. I had seen one before, and I thought it was so neat how it made it seem like you were actually in the film. So, she agreed. We looked at what they were showing, and something about "under the sea" interested me, and so off we went to see it. Well, when we were standing in line, I somehow got the notion that we had misunderstood about the times of the underwater movie, and looking at the other features which were shown on posters, I said, "I hope we don't end up seeing "The Fires of Kuwait." No, she said, "we are in the right line."
    After we got our seats, we were sitting there waiting for the movie to start. When it did, flames (n were coming up from the bottom of the screen. Oh no, I thought. It is "The Fires of Kuwait," I said. "Naw," she said. But as time marched on, the gigantic letters appeared with symphonic background music blaring: THE FIRES OF KUWAIT. For some strange reason, we both started laughing. We were trapped in a show we didn't want to see, and we thought that was funny. As I retell it,  I can't really see the humor in it. But, it was hilarious when it happened!!!
     My sister is the only person who can laugh at what I laugh at, and I mean from the belly, and I don't have a belly laugh. Now, she is always laughing, but I am from a more serious mold. But, when I'm with her, certain things can happen, or she or me says something and it tickles us both. We've even laughed so hard it hurts, and if we need to go the bathroom, there may be seepage. Really.
     My sister is a blessing in my life. What can I say-we are sisters and our blood is of similar substance, and our DNA is cut from the same cloth, only different. She has much more grace with me and my differences than I do with hers, and she's taught me by example that me being different then her or other people is o.k. In fact, she's said that is how God made me. She accepts me how I am.
     She has the gift of mercy, and that's a good thing. In fact, I think it's one of the most important gifts around, for without mercy, everyone and everything is hopeless. But with God's mercy, hope reigns supreme. She's offered her gift to me consistently over the years. Now I know why God picked her to be my sister. He knew I would need her and her gift imparted to help me know that God accepts me unconditionally, and that she does too. So, Debbie, you are a blessing to me, and thanks for running to me with mercy in your heart. This song is dedicated with love to you, and for all others out there who need to know God has forgiven you and is extending His mercy now to you.



    

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home