Great and Unsearchable Things

Things the Lord gives me, and then I write them.

Monday, November 05, 2007

Who Are You?

I hope that you were given revelation from the heart of our Father concerning the submissive spirit of God, and that He is incorporating that into you, that you (and me) might give off that sweet aroma of His Presence through us. I am realizing, though, that to understand it, albeit spiritually, is not the same as having it. Still it is only obtained by laying down our own wills, day by day, so that His can take pre-eminence. The crushing, the grinding, and the hammering in us is the only way that He may come forth. Even so, come Lord Jesus.

I am going to be gone on vacation for about 10 days and so we are going to get somewhat off the beaten path in focusing on asking Father a question, and listening for His revelations or insights. I have a Bible called the Serendipity Bible that is designed for small groups to study from. In the margins are questions, some ice-breakers, then more serious ones, going on to life application of the studied text. Well, as I was reading in Jeremiah, I looked over at one of the questions and I thought it would be interesting to post the question for those of you who want to participate and those who have been participating.

The question is: What title would you give your autobiography?

Also, please go into why you gave it this title, so that we can know you better-the essence of you and your life story. Please feel free to include anything that would comprise the events on your timeline on this earth, so far, so that we can "know" you, our brother or sister in Christ.

We will go back to the main focus of this blog when I get back from vacation, starting on Monday, NOv. 19th-Dec. 3, for the 2 week span.

This "cyber" assembly is important to me. It is really a work of the Lord, showing me how He can "gather" in ways other than the geographical mode that we've been accustomed to. Even though He does that too, He is not limited by those perameters, and I personally find that most ingenious. I continue to stand in awe of this limitless, eternal God, who is not inhibited by any perameters, but can circumvent them with ease. The Scripture comes to mind: "God is spirit and He is looking for those who worship Him in Spirit and in Truth." And then the one about the Spirit blowing where it will, like the wind. Wow!!! We can't contain the wind or control it-like God. He is God. He is................

3 Comments:

  • At 11/05/2007 2:02 PM , Blogger Patti Blount said...

    My autobiography is entitled, "Salmon Patti." The Lord has written in me an ability to go against the flow, much as the salmon swims upstream, against all odds. He has given me a true understanding of His unique creation His hand has made in each one of us, and with that, I can appreciate your special characteristics and my own. He also has imprinted in me an ability to press on in one direction, even when, seemingly, everyone else is going another way. Before I was His and lost in this world, I just felt like an odd ball, but since coming to Him, He's shown me what He's put in me,and that He is using that to help me follow Him as He directs me, and not to waver from that. Call it perserverance or tenacity or a little bit of both, but it is in me, and I've relied on it many times to "set my face like a flint, in following Him," even when the masses are doing something different. No herd mentally for me. I follow the Holy Spirit of truth, with the components He's placed within me to do so. Also, I've been conditioned to endure being "hated." Several things that have happened in my life have done that in me, even though some of it was a result of my own sin. I found that He uses that too to create abilities inside us to keep following Him. Kind of like Paul-the Pharisees of the Pharisees. He went to the max degree to be a perfect Pharisee, following every law to the tea, even defending what he felt was required of him to kill the Christians!! Well, lo and behold, when God captured His heart and turned it towards Him, that same desire to go all the way for Jesus was in Him, and He used that in Paul to serve Him for the truth. As He's conditioned me to "being hated" at times, I then see where He says that I will be hated for His names sake. First, I was hated because of my sin, but it gave me the experience to know what that feels like as a sort of preparation of what was to come as being a follower of Jesus, especially as we get towards the end of time as we know it. So, as a salmon, I swim upstream, against the odds,not stopping even when it hurts, when many other fish are swimming downstream (the easy path). And so, in that way, I am Salmon Patti, not like the rest, but instinctively swimming up the river of life relentlessly.

     
  • At 11/09/2007 12:22 PM , Blogger Given55 said...

    I would say,"What radio are you tuned into". I know that I hear & see different than most of the world. Through that though, I have been able to spread the words of God & be obedient to Him. Sometimes though, I'm difficult to understand, because, I'm out there somewhere.

     
  • At 11/16/2007 3:02 PM , Blogger Old Pete said...

    My autobiography could easily be entitled "Marching to the beat of a different drummer".
    It's been a long and often frustrating journey.
    You can see something of that journey on the web site

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home