Great and Unsearchable Things

Things the Lord gives me, and then I write them.

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Tapping the Father's Heart

Yesterday I sent e-mails to people I thought might be interested in being part of a gathering centered around seeking God on specific things, and listening for His answers. Most of us have been taught by institutions of man or respond out of our own fleshly desires in building our belief systems. Sometimes it even boils down to whose Greek scholar is better or whose commentator is more note-worthy. But does it happen very often that we go to the author of the Scriptures, God, by His Holy Spirit, to ask Him direct concerning the things of His Kingdom? And yet, He invites us to. Jeremiah 33:2,3 says, "This is what the Lord says, he who made the earth, the Lord who formed it and established it-the Lord is His name: Call to me and I will answer you, and tell you great and unsearchable things that you do not know."



Monday, Sept. 10, those who want to participate, will inquire of the Lord by asking Him a question that will be posted on this blog site, and then post what they hear from the Lord to share with all. I have been blessed by the response, so far, and excited at what the Lord will show us.




For those who have said they want to be a part of this, below are some further comments and suggestions:




1) Let's ask God to cleanse our minds from anything that might interfer with hearing His voice.




2) After reading the question Monday, commit to getting alone with the Lord and raising it to Him. Write down what you get, and post them on the comments part of this blog. Any day is fine.




4) Feel free to comment on how, what the Lord brings through someone, has enriched or blessed you or helped you change your past understanding, or what He said really challenged you and how.




5) God may entrust you with a revelation that may be used to cause our hearts and minds to be split wide-open!!





We have some beautiful brothers and sisters who want to participate. Please tell everyone something about yourself and your walk with the Lord in the comments part now, if you want to. God bless you all as we prepare to gather around His table.


The participants so far are:

1) Tom Blount

2) Patti Blount

3) Judy Cameron

4) Harvetta Colvin

5) Alan Knox

6) William Liddle

7) Laura McFerrin

8) Chris Slaughter

9) Nate Peres

10) Betty Westmoreland

11) Sarah Rooney

12) Barbara (aka Layla)




Anyone else who would like to participate, please join us. I understand there are others who are going to be in the grandstands watching, listening, and learning, and may jump in there from time to time. Feel free.

6 Comments:

  • At 9/04/2007 6:33 AM , Blogger Patti Blount said...

    Hi-I'm Patti. My walk with the Lord is "one step at a time." Each new day I seek Him, and He shows Himself to me in various ways. I am frustrated often because I want to progress faster and further than I seem to in Him. He's shown me, though, that He's in charge. I forget that sometimes. (well, often) He is teaching me I'm not in control, and to be satisfied in and with Him only.

     
  • At 9/04/2007 7:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Can someone else present a question for asking to the Lord?

     
  • At 9/04/2007 7:10 AM , Blogger Patti Blount said...

    Yes. If anyone has a question, please write it here in the comments section before Monday. If not, I will write one on Monday.:)

     
  • At 9/04/2007 9:59 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I am forever amazed at how fexible, without complications, God and His infamous abilities to move freely and rescue His children. We go out to witness, share the "Good News", and on approaching the darkened doors fear, pride, and self moves us far from the victory.
    Jesus comes to the darkened door, holds out His all encompessing loving arms, and can't wait for sin to open the door. He comes in and fills the very air breathed with the light that flows from His spirit and to anyone who opens the door as He moves to and fro on this earth. There are no dark places God will not come to if we ask Him to take our hearts and our lives. We are the darkest places on the earth without Jesus Christ.

     
  • At 9/06/2007 12:02 AM , Blogger Sarah said...

    Just found your blog. I think this is a brilliant idea! I'd love to participate. Something about me? I love what God is doing with His people in 21st century reformation. I think He's brilliant! :)

     
  • At 9/06/2007 12:15 AM , Blogger Bar L. said...

    I think I'd like to participate too. I will come back and share later, just found this on my way to bed, too tired to think now. Thanks for your comments to me, they were comforting.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home