Great and Unsearchable Things

Things the Lord gives me, and then I write them.

Monday, October 22, 2007

Great and Unsearchable Things According to His Will

Notice I changed the header of the blog to coincide with the new purpose the Lord has established: seeking His heart on any and all matters we desire to know. In Jeremiah He tells us to call on Him and He will answer and tell us "great and unsearchable things" which we don't know, so that is what we, His sheep, who He says know His voice, are doing. We invite you, as a believer, to join us in tapping the depths of our Father's heart, understanding that it is His will to decide to hide or reveal to us, and that all in His timing and way.
I got a slight impression this morning concerning this hiding He does, and it was that in some cases it is for our protection. We tend to think that the more we know, the better, and the more details we know, the better. But God, in His sovereign and perfect wisdom, knows better, and I believe He willingly hides things from us as well as reveals them. I am a seeker of truth-always have been. Sometimes to my detriment, because my desire to know the truth, many times, supersedes my ability to hold it. These are the areas in us that God knows about and, I believe, uses to make His determinations. I am (slowly) "getting it" to release to Him all areas in me, even that desire (sometimes just a carnal one) to "have to know."
And so, this seeking Him, must be from a mode of respect and trust, and not of demandingness or pride in which we think we can handle it. "Don't think of yourself more highly than you should." Sometimes I tend to do that, and I get in trouble (meaning I bring trouble upon myself)
So, help us Lord come humbly in seeking You, trusting Your will in what You CHOOSE to reveal. Prepare us to receive of Your understanding and ways.




Lord- Could you show us something of this beautiful spirit of submission that You desire for us, your children, to possess? We know that You possess it and it was demonstrated through Jesus as He walked this earth as He served You, and reached a pinnacle in the Garden of Gethsemane. Also, the love that prompted the submission-what does that look like?

6 Comments:

  • At 10/23/2007 9:03 AM , Blogger Patti Blount said...

    There is legalistic submission and then there is the real thing. Legalistic submission is a sort of drill sergeant, "sir, yes sir" type picture. The kind of willful obedience, not motiviated by love for the one being yielded to, is dead and produces no life. The Spirit of submission He desires is on outcropping of His love poured into us, and then the resulting love for Him back making it easy and enjoyable to lay down our own ways and will for Him. This is life-producing and glorifying. Even in our marriages, if a wife is self-righteously dutiful, but not coming from a stance of a love response which she's received from her husband it is really dry and self-glorifying and does nothing to bring life.

     
  • At 10/24/2007 9:54 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    william mcgee jr writes:

    In reading over your comment and request for great and unserachable things, I must say Patti, that you are about to embark into a depth that of wisdom/knowledge and understanding of spiritual growth that you have not seen before from our Father. But before I proceed, let me say that in my search for the hidden and unserachable things, there is a price that comes with such a request will have a major impact on your faith and spiritual walk. Things from God are hidden for a purpose so that we will come to Him at the time we need to become more mature in our spiritual growth. I have actually experienced spiritual levels hidden to many in my journey and walk with God, which caused me to become even alienated from those around me and those within the body. Yes my sister He does willingly hides things from us until that right momement that He reveals them unto us, when we are able to accept them spiritually, yet our flesh and mental sides will also began to fight to keep this new found knowledge/wisdom/and understanding from manifesting into our daily life.

    In closing, your request that the Lord show us the spirit of submission has already been giving in the second part of your request when you stated that about Jesus the Christ as he demonstrated it to us at the cross. One was finishing the work(belief in Him who had sent Him) and the other in being there to save a lost sheep even at the time of his death on the cross next to him, many do not see this hidden event that took place there among the two thieves being crucified on either side of him, one chose death while the other chose life and was told that "Today, Ye shall be with me in Paradise!" When we become like our Father's love we will move beyond any love that we know.
    Look at Solomon, one who also asked for the great and unserchable wisdom/knowldege and understanding, who was giving his request by the Lord our God, yet though he posses he that of his request, was not able to change that which he saw, for men/women make plans and God allow the plans to succeed if it be in His will.
    Signs and wonders(miracles) are for the unbelievers that will lead them to the Father.Prophesy is for the believers that will bring the body into spiritual maturity.
    Grace be unto you Patti.

     
  • At 10/29/2007 7:50 AM , Blogger Patti Blount said...

    As I was reading in Hebrews this morning, I came across this passage that stuck out: During the days of Jesus' life on earth, he offered up prayers and petitions with loud cries and tears to the one who could save him from death, and he was heard because of his reverent submission.
    Then, earlier this week the Scripture came to me, but I didn't know why or what the Lord was trying to say: The fervent and effectual prayers of a righteous man avails much." Is there a connect here? What is the Lord saying to us about submission and "heard" and "answered" prayers?

     
  • At 10/29/2007 10:30 PM , Blogger Given55 said...

    Proverbs 3:32
    for the LORD detests a perverse man
    but takes the upright into his confidence.

    He will take you into His confidence. He will expect more of you,but, great closeness between you and the Father are at hand

     
  • At 10/30/2007 5:18 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I believe God would answer us in this way:

    "Many wives believe they submit to their husbands because they do what he said for them to do - but then they gossip about him to their friends, bringing dishonor to him. Is this really submission?

    Submit one to another - that is the way of My body. Why is this kind of submission so rare? Because you have rejected sound doctrine - see Titus 2 - and you have heaped up for yourselves teachers who will tell you the kind of stories you want to hear.

    For the most part, that which claims to be My body submits to one another just as they submit to Me - not at all."

    Neil Girrard
    paidionbooks.org

     
  • At 11/03/2007 7:52 PM , Blogger Patti Blount said...

    I am so grieviously desirous to have the sweet submissive spirit of the Lord, but I know I fall way short, and it just grieves me that I am not further along in Him being formed in me. Am I doing something wrong? Even if I get a glimpse of who He is, all I see in comparison is someone who is failing miserably. (just sharing; not a word from the Lord)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home