Great and Unsearchable Things

Things the Lord gives me, and then I write them.

Wednesday, January 07, 2015

God's Reconstruction Project

     I thought I'd better post something today for those of you who may be wondering how my pit experience was, and if it ended.
     Well, as usual, it was agonizing. The attacks against my soul were intense. They didn't last as long as I thought they would. I believe with all that is within me, though, that God used them to "work" in me what was needed. I think of 2 words from a song about Christ to describe how I felt during this dark and painful experience: Rejected and Alone.
     Whenever I enter into this dreadful place, it seems like the whole world is against me, with my own nature adding the great "amen," along with the enemy on the sidelines adding his fuel to the fire. That is the Rejection part. The Alone part is that I don't even feel God's presence. Not to even get close to what Christ felt on the cross, but when He said, "My God, My God, why have you forsaken me?" I can identify. And because His Presence isn't felt, it seems like He has said to me, "Sink or Swim." In other words, "you're on your own," even though I know He really isn't saying that.
     I don't understand His ways, but I accept them. I am aware that many Christians would recoil in anger from what I've said and they would retort,  "God's not like that. That's satan!" Regardless of whether it is God or satan, if we are His, He still uses "everything for good." He can turn the darkest moments in our lives, and everything we go through and experience, into the brightest and the best when His hand touches it. And that is what I rely on; the power of His Light dispelling the darkness, and also that He  uses that darkness.
     Yes, He did that for me the other day. I couldn't have stayed in the pit if I had wanted to. You know why? Because God lives in me, and His work goes on to conform me to the image of His Son. His building permit never expires and He never walks off the job. He will complete what He started in me! And with that I say, "Hallelujah!" He tears down and He builds up! It's just the "tearing down" part that hurts, but knowing that it must be so to let the Builder's image arise in me makes it all worthwhile.
    

1 Comments:

  • At 1/07/2015 3:12 PM , Blogger Marshall said...

    He holds the "building permit" and the key.
    Recently, watching dear friends elsewhere who also seem as if in a place of "sink of swim" by Father's hand. Although I know He has prepared and appointed all things needful for each one of His, and toward all who would be coming by the appellation of His Son, there still comes in at times as like a despairing fog.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home