Great and Unsearchable Things

Things the Lord gives me, and then I write them.

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus

     Many years ago I was attending a women's retreat in the hills of Hot Springs, Ark. Before the speaker took the stage, we worshipped. I wasn't feeling up to "high" worship, and so I was just sitting there. I apologized silently to the Lord. Then He replied back to me with something that surprised me. He said that I was worshipping because I wasn't worried about anything, but I was at rest and peace.
     This changed my perspective of worship. It is an internal thing of a heart at rest. Rest indicates trust. When we aren't worried about anything at all, is when we have placed our cares on Him. To be in that posture 24/7 would be a wonderful state of being! It is the place we are moving in by His grace.
    




1 Comments:

  • At 3/20/2014 2:17 PM , Blogger Marshall said...

    returning to worship as it truly need be is part of the lively journey for me and many others. Thankful that He is revealing His rest to/in you, and by this reminder you have shared.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home