Great and Unsearchable Things

Things the Lord gives me, and then I write them.

Saturday, March 15, 2014

He Will Preserve Me Blameless

      When growing in Christ, (or Him manifesting more visibly in you) certain things can be observed simultaneously. One is that when He manifests Himself through you, spiritual fruit is seen outwardly. The other thing that "happens" is often inward and is usually perceived by only you. It is the observation that when offense comes through you, the self-condemnation or guilty feelings, go away much faster than before, enabling you to go forward in Him, with lesser and lesser fallout to oneself. This is due to the reality that He has worked His ways and His will in you. However, the intensity of the offense seems to increase, and that scares me at times. It's as if I haven't realized what has been hidden in me, and now the Lord is bringing it to the surface. My feelings of wanting to self-condemn are strongest at this point, because this was one of my modes of operation in the past. God, by His Spirit moves us forward in Him, and satan is right there pulling us by using our past ways to try and yank us backwards. Sometimes it seems like my very being is being ripped in two, so I focus on what He has done in me, and not the rebellion of the flesh against that growth.  I am realizing that satan is trying to make me doubt what God is doing in me, and also trying to turn my heart against the forgiveness I already have in Him.     
     During these times I cling to the truth in the verse that says,"Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you entirely; and may your spirit and soul and body be preserved complete, without blame at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. Faithful is He who calls you, and He also will bring it to pass.…" I. Thess. 5:23,24.
     This is God's Spirit confirming to me that He will preserve me blameless at His coming, and reminding me that the Light that is Him (in me) does dispel the darkness. Amen.

1 Comments:

  • At 3/20/2014 3:04 PM , Blogger Marshall said...

    may I not add anything to this vessel of His which is not also sanctified unto His use & purpose.

    The darkness flees.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home