Great and Unsearchable Things

Things the Lord gives me, and then I write them.

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Our Light Afflictions

     I am going to touch a sacred cow today, especially among "spirit-filled" believers, and that is the subject of healing. Although, I personally believe in the gifts operative today, I don't believe that the Scripture, "by His stripes, we are healed," indicates physical healing for all who are His. There, now I said it. I am, however, open to believing this, as the Spirit leads, if I am wrong.
     It would be especially timely for me to discover His truth about this, because I am currently suffering an unexplained symptom, and would be most grateful if God would heal me of it. But, I don't want to just will myself to believe what others do with the notion that if I do, I will be healed. This would be presumed faith and I would have to lie to myself to "believe." Only He can reveal to me the truth about this often controversial subject.
     So, I am seeking Him. First, let me say, that "by His stripes, we are healed," I believe, refers to our being healed from our sin-sickness, and the stripes from the whippings was part of the payment (punishment) He took on Himself to pay for our sins. Then join that with the passage in  2 Corinthians 4:16-17:


 16Therefore we do not lose heart, but though our outer man is decaying, yet our inner man is being renewed day by day. 17For momentary, light affliction is producing for us an eternal weight of glory far beyond all comparison,…


     So, if our bodies are decaying, this means they are not eternal, and we will experience the result of that decay which may mean bodily disease or illness, as it goes through the decaying process. The only help we will get is from God who is the Healer, as our bodies continue to decay. The "eternal weight of glory far beyond comparison," refers to our "spiritual or heavenly bodies" we will receive one day. These will be eternal.
     I definately believe that God heals, and will heal through human vessels who have that gift and through any means He chooses, as He chooses. So, those who believe in healing as a provision in the atonement, will not hear of it, and dogmatically teach and preach it unequivocally, not open to changing their position, for fear that someone who believes differently might affect their faith level. Most won't even factor in the Sovereignty of God in all of this, and don't want to hear it.
     As I said, I am open to the Spirit of God to lead me into all truth, if the truth I am believing is in error. In the meantime, I am asking Him to heal me, or to bring someone who has the gift of healing to pray for me, or even to direct my attention to what is wrong so that I can do something about it if what I am doing is "causing" it. 
And I look for the resurrection of the dead, and the life of the world to come-Amen.
      

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home