Great and Unsearchable Things

Things the Lord gives me, and then I write them.

Monday, March 24, 2014

Following Him Despite Our Preferences

      I didn't realize how much I have filtered God's will, through my own preferences, but He's showing me that I have, by shining His searchlight in the cracks and crevices of my soul. I am discovering this falseness and resistance in me, due to opening myself up to hearing from Him about where to go on a short-term missions trip.
     Through steps He had me take, of searching this out, 2 countries surfaced which I really had no interest in at all. They weren't on my preference list which I had written deep inside of me. That's what I am talking about. When I surrendered to going to either of those countries, sincerely, an "Isaac" experience took place. The knife was fully prepared to "kill" my beloved countries, and an angel stopped my hand. I believe He counted my surrender as righteousness.
     Someone else is going with me, and we both are waiting for His revelation of destination and timing. So far, nothing is clicking in us, and so we wait.
     I am so happy about Him showing me this because I didn't see it, and because it reveals the extent in which He conforms us to His image. Even our blind spots are revealed, and brought to light, where surrender can happen, resulting in making all things new. Amen!!!



"He is at work in us, both to will and to do of His good pleasure."- Phil. 2:13

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home