Great and Unsearchable Things

Things the Lord gives me, and then I write them.

Thursday, January 02, 2014

Being Filled

     My mom used to say a person had to have something to look forward to, suggesting that it "kept them going" and added a fresh excitement to their lives. For those of us in the Lord, with each new day, we can look forward to what God will do in that day, as He is ever giving us adventures to challenge, inspire and grow us. And with that reality, we can "look forward" to acknowledging Him, and responding to Him as He reveals Himself in it.
     My three year old grandson recently said that he was bored! Wow! I didn't know it started that young. Deep inside each of us there is a desire to encounter God, but we misunderstand that and try to fill that void ourselves (or expect others to) with activities, adventures and excitements that we create, and find that after all is said and done, we are "bored." Jesus said that when we drink of Him, we will never thirst again! Only He can truly fill us to where it will be lasting.
     If, each day, we acknowledge Him and await His appearance in our day in the many ways He presents Himself, our adventures will never end. At the end of the day it would be exciting to keep a journal in how He did that, and at the end of the year, it will confirm His promise that He will never leave or forsake us. We will see that He never did!!
      I think I'll do that!  Why not join me?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home