Great and Unsearchable Things

Things the Lord gives me, and then I write them.

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

The Cup of Iniquity?

"WHEN THE PERSON'S PERSONAL INIQUITY IS FILLED UP, GOD WILL THEN SPEAK TO THE PERSON HIS WORD, AND THROUGH REPENTANCE THAT PERSON WILL OVERCOME."

     Someone whose writings I subscribe to through email had written the above statement, which I found most interesting. I'm not sure whether or not this truth
can be verified in the Scriptures, but I am looking into it. I'm also not sure I understand fully what it is saying, but I am definitely going to seek the Spirit of truth about it.
     It seems to explain, however, why man can't help man, if their desire is to continue in their sin, whether in "being good within themselves" (our filthy rags) or in "being bad." Only if they "come to the end of themselves" to hear the voice of God, will they be ready to let Him change them (repentance) and will enable them to come to Him and be able to walk in His ways.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home