Great and Unsearchable Things

Things the Lord gives me, and then I write them.

Sunday, November 17, 2013

Giving Him All of Us

     I've come to the end of myself again! I've been eating healthy for about 2 years now, and lately it seems like I can't do it anymore. Could it be that these past 2 years, what started out as relying on His strength, has somewhere along the line, become relying on my own? How and when does that happen?
     The Lord is speaking to my heart, through this, and showing me how totally dependent He wants me to be on Him, and how unreliable my own strength (will power) is. It can last awhile, but then it's gone. It has it's limits.
     Each and everyday He wants us to ask for His help in all things, big and small because to depend on ourselves is to put our trust in "horses and chariots", or to worship "idols." Our God is a jealous God. He is jealous for our total trust.

 


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home