Great and Unsearchable Things

Things the Lord gives me, and then I write them.

Monday, November 18, 2013

The Joy of Our Salvation

     When God told John to "come up here", while He was on the Isle of Patmos, He took him to a place in the Spirit where God's perspective was. I think that we can learn to live there daily.
     I got a glimpse of this perspective today, when He showed me "the joy of persecution." Now, according to our natural understanding, those two words together, "joy" and "persecution" cannot be so.
     When others come against us because of our love of and faith in Jesus Christ, and harm us in some way, big or small, and we respond by letting Him have His way through us, it is a joy, knowing that He is getting the glory, and in knowing that we become more like Him as we yield to Him.
    How do we get to that place? Is there a route in going there? I think it is in being caught up with the fellowship of God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit, and this is the ultimate joy!!! Living in that fellowship daily is the place where nothing else touches us, but His presence and His peace.


 
 


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home