Great and Unsearchable Things

Things the Lord gives me, and then I write them.

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Avoid the Poisoning

          I am finding that I am uncomfortable around more and more Christians. As fears heighten, love is waxing cold, as God has foretold. Anger and repressed hate and prejudice are at an all time high in America, and this spirit can infect those who come in contact with it. How are we to keep our eyes on things above, when others around us are fomenting their hate-mongering talk, seemingly with a spirit Jesus talked against when the disciples wanted to "call down fire from heaven"?
     I truly understand that fear can produce anger, hate and prejudice in human vessels, but wouldn't it be better, as Christians to not let our flesh dominate in these times, and instead, ask God to help us have His heart and mind? Wouldn't it be better to fight against our flesh which seeks to "kill, steal and destroy"? You might say, "isn't that the enemy that does that?" to which I respond by saying that he is the enemy of our soul, and if he gets into our flesh, then our flesh responds exactly like he does in us. It will kill, steal and destroy us from the inside out if we let it have it's way. We are to wage war against our wicked flesh, by walking in the Holy Spirit of God instead. This takes surrendering to His ways daily, or crucifying ourselves by His blessed help and power.
     "Coming out from among them" can mean coming out from other Christians, too, if they are flesh driven, and if being around them tempts you to also operate from your flesh. One time I heard a sermon about the Scripture, "if your right eye offends you, pluck it out." This pastor said that this means that if you are tempted to "sin" then you need to do whatever it takes to not sin. Pertaining to being around a flesh driven person, the interpretation of these Scriptures seem to apply.
     He also says to think on whatever is pure and lovely and of a good report in His Word. This seems to be His prescription for a healthy mind. How can we do that if people around us are speaking fearful and hate-filled words in our ears? I'm not talking about sticking one's head in the sand, but I am talking about not feeding on "everything out there bad that is happening and that could happen," either. This truly infects the soul, and causes a disconnect, I believe, with one's relationship with the Lord, and we must love Him first. This means following His will.
     I don't want to be among the ones in the last days he speaks of when "lawlessness increases, and the love of most grows cold." When I first read this, I thought it was referring to the bad guys only, but now I am thinking this lawlessness (in this case, letting your flesh have it's way) has encapsulated people who are calling themselves His, also. Since I am desiring not to be among those whose hearts are growing cold, (even if it is to our enemies, which He also says we are to pray for) I choose to avoid being around them as much as possible.
    

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home