Great and Unsearchable Things

Things the Lord gives me, and then I write them.

Sunday, May 19, 2013

Blocking His Blessings

     Our negative and fleshly attitudes can sabotage the blessings God has for us. The blessings I'm talking about are things He intended to bring our way, knowing that we would get enjoyment out of them such as good fellowship with others. When we let our fears rule us and we act out of them is when His blessings take wings and fly away, much to our chagrin and loss.
     Sounds like I know what I'm talking about, doesn't it? Yes, sadly so. I am writing from personal experience, even as close as a few hours ago. I won't go into the gory details, but I suffered and so did a loved one because of my behavior. And as I was processing all of this by myself before God, He began to show me that He had had something for me that I wouldn't experience due to what I had done. It's not that He had with held anything from me, but it was that I was too upset internally to put myself in the position to receive it in kind.
     So, how was this resolved? By trusting in His forgiveness continually for my life, and trusting in His work in me, which will progressively deliver me from all my fears, and which will put me in a better position to receive these special blessings from His heart to mine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home