Great and Unsearchable Things

Things the Lord gives me, and then I write them.

Monday, December 31, 2007

The Peace of God

Father-What is the "peace that passes understanding?" This peace you give, you said, is not like the world gives. What is the difference? In the end times, You said that people are going to be saying, "peace, peace" and this will be a perceived peace, and You said that there will not really be peace. We've just gone through a season that touts "peace on earth" referring to the angels proclamation to the shepherds when you came on the earth as a man. What did that mean? Your ways are not our ways, and so with Your peace, we're asking that You reveal to us Your heart on this matter. Oh Lord, show us great and unsearchable things which we know not. We wait on You.

7 Comments:

  • At 1/03/2008 4:43 PM , Blogger Patti Blount said...

    "......For He Himself is our Peace......" Ephesians 2:14 (first phrase)

     
  • At 1/06/2008 7:50 AM , Blogger Barbara said...

    Nice to meet you. Thanks for dropping by and commenting. I will come back and read more. Every question I did see on your posts are questions that I asked in the past and only when I found those answers did life begin to have meaning. Of course bottom line the only answer is knowing who we are in Christ from which all else stems.

     
  • At 1/06/2008 12:26 PM , Blogger Barbara said...

    Have been reading through some of your posts patti like I said. I looked again at this last one (I had to rush out earlier)and the thing that people often do not realise is that peace is not a feeling or a thing, but a person. The person of Jesus Christ and the only peace we will ever know is through the revelation of His indwelling. In that we can know peace in the most devestating turmoil of feelings to the contary.

     
  • At 1/06/2008 4:04 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    the security of trusting in Me.

     
  • At 1/13/2008 5:01 PM , Blogger Patti Blount said...

    God has been very quiet about His peace. Something I did run across, which I felt was very insightful can be found at tflag.org. Under the table of contents, it is "The Twelfth Teardrop."

     
  • At 1/16/2008 1:54 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    perhaps his peace was the quiet.

     
  • At 1/16/2008 9:34 AM , Blogger Patti Blount said...

    Jon-I was thinking the same thing. "Be still and know..."
    By the way, I left the wrong address for that website. It is tfalg.org, which stands for Tears from a Lonely God. God is using it now to speak to me. <><

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home