Great and Unsearchable Things

Things the Lord gives me, and then I write them.

Wednesday, July 09, 2014

God Used President Obama in My Life

     I have ignored  President Obama since he was elected. I have pretended he didn't exist, and that his being elected President was a bad nightmare that I hoped would end. I didn't know what to do with him.
     Currently, God is showing me that by pushing Obama into my subconscious, indicated I didn't want to deal with what his presence stirred up in me. So, it was really my own feelings and attitudes I didn't want to look at, or didn't know what to do with, not him. He was only used in my life to reveal those things.
     So, what are some of those things, He is showing me? My blaming attitude, my critical nature, and my desire for punishment for wrong-doers instead of wanting God's forgiveness and redemption for them. Sobering.
     What do we do when God reveals parts of our hearts that need "rending"? We submit them to Him in repentance for healing. That is what I am going to do.
    

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home