Great and Unsearchable Things

Things the Lord gives me, and then I write them.

Saturday, June 07, 2014

Consecration

    Besides emails, a website, posting on this blog, and "solitaire" the computer has nothing in me. About 6 months ago, I asked the Lord to help me give my mind to Him, and this was the result. I was giving it to too many other things, and His thoughts were being crowded out by the consumption of information I was putting in it.
    I wanted to love Him with my whole heart, soul and mind. It's the mind that is the hardest one to consecrate to Him, but now that these things have been removed, I am fully convinced He is occupying more of me. Not that it didn't require obedience; it did. He asked me to not spend my time looking at certain sites anymore for various reason, and so with His help, I layed them down. Use the computer, don't let it use you, He seemed to say.
     If we want to let His will take dominion in us, it requires saying "no" to many other things. Even so, come Lord Jesus.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home