Great and Unsearchable Things

Things the Lord gives me, and then I write them.

Saturday, May 24, 2014

Seeing The Offender Through His Eyes

    Is it true that if a person has an offense against someone, that everytime that someone does something "wrong" the person with the offense feels like they've been punched in the stomach? Well, you know what I mean. If this is true, I think I have one. (An offense against someone)  Or maybe more than one person, yet I don't want to.
     Seeing someone hurt a child by ignoring, criticizing or resenting them in their actions, really upsets me. I know that the child senses these feelings that, in this case, their parent has against them, and is interpreted by them as rejection, which will lead to insecurities later on. And myself and others watch on helplessly.
     So, I'm offended at this. I want the person to stop it, and see what they are doing; I want them to just quit it. But, underneath it all, I know that they had the same, if not worse, happen to them and they are just acting out of a wounded soul, too. I'm preachin' to myself now. (Read yesterday's post entitled, "The Ministry to the Broken Soul.") And, besides that, being offended is just wrong, and does nothing to help the situation, only causes more rejection in the mix. (Now, I'm really preachin')
     Lord, help me be understanding of the hurt this person is causing their child. Forgive me for holding offense against them; for judging them in this way. Help me have your heart of compassion towards them and to speak only words of Life to them, bringing your healing and wholeness to their wounded and broken soul. Let me be intent about this, and pour out Your Love in abundance, as a balm to their soul. And, in the meantime, protect their children from feeling rejected. Restore and make new everything which is out of joint in their family; also in ours. Thank you for the power of your resurrection in our real lives today. Amen.

1 Comments:

  • At 5/25/2014 5:38 PM , Blogger Marshall said...

    seeing so much injustice, let's not stop believing in miracles.
    Just to be "born from above" as a "new creature" begins a new childhood, so setting the former one aside.
    God is bigger than parents and caregivers. He is able to renew and restore, and He has equipped us to help in the same, as you have written:

    Afterall, He came to "heal the Broken-hearted," and we are to be His hands, His feet, and especially His heart. He desires for us who have been raised "whole" to be sensitive to those who are weak, broken, neglected, fearful and insecure, by speaking words of Life to them.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home