Great and Unsearchable Things

Things the Lord gives me, and then I write them.

Saturday, December 05, 2015

His Thoughts Towards Me

     In the post called, "Fat and Ugly" I shared that it was revealed to me that I held that belief about my physical appearance, on a deep level, which had surfaced lately, and was seeking the Lord for why I would have that self-rejecting thought. Why did I place so much importance on how I looked? He told me to wait for my healing.
     He didn't follow my program of telling the answers to the "whys" that I thought I needed. I am learning the answer to everything is not always in understanding the problem.
     A few days ago, He spoke a few Life-giving words to me from His Spirit to mine: "You are precious." I don't know how these words brought healing to me, but they did. Not to say that I won't struggle in this area ever again, but knowing my preciousness to Him will protect me from ever being shaken by whatever my outward appearance is. Our preciousness  to Him is a strong tower against our own negative perceptions about ourself, because it's better to be precious than pretty. One is fleeting and the other is eternal.

2 Comments:

  • At 12/28/2015 11:14 PM , Blogger Unknown said...


    Dear beloved Patti
    I send Christmas and best wishes NEW YEAR greetings to you and to your family
    How thankful we should be that Jesus left the glories of heaven and came to this poor dark sinful earth to purchase our salvation! I feel so grateful to Him for coming. I want Him to be welcome to always live and reign in my heart.

    May you all have a blessed Christmas, filled with the presence of Jesus! May you all have blessed beginning to 2016Blessings, With Christian love,
    In His Steps

    Pastor G.Ravi Kumar


     
  • At 1/21/2016 4:55 PM , Blogger Marshall said...

    "it's better to be precious than pretty"
    memorable!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home