Great and Unsearchable Things

Things the Lord gives me, and then I write them.

Sunday, May 10, 2015

A Time to Plant and A Time to Uproot what has been Planted

     Although in Matt. 19:6 it says that what God has joined together that man shouldn't separate, was referring to marriage, I believe the principle can stand alone in reference to all relationships and to all things.
      In my experience, I've had some relationships that have dissolved without reason. I was, and remain totally stunned about these. The question
of "what did I do wrong?" or "what didn't I do?" plague me off and on concerning them. Other relationships have remained strong and firm even though there have been periods of no communication. These, I believe, are the ones God has joined together.
     For the ones that didn't last, and even ended abruptly, could these be those who God Himself never joined, and so He, by His sword brought division?
     Whenever I have wondered too long about relationships in my life that have ended, He's reminded me of the truth that He came not to bring peace, but a sword, and will even use it to divide people in our own natural families. When relationships end, I believe it is God-ordained because these relationships and the toxicity they carry interfere with what He is wanting to do in us. If we try and hang onto a relationship He is wanting to end, we are rebelling against Him.
     Conversely, when relationships last, God is somehow preserving them because the connection between the two people is providing some things He is using to get us where He wants us in our growth in Him, which we are not to be interfered with.
     It says in the KJV, "what God has joined together, let no man put asunder." There is a seriousness stated that we should heed, when put this way. He is in control and if we're submitted under His Lordship (we acknowledge His sovereignty in our lives) he will either keep safe or destroy our relationships based on His Divine wisdom and purposes, and we can rest in that.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home