Great and Unsearchable Things

Things the Lord gives me, and then I write them.

Sunday, November 30, 2014

Has Death Already Been Destroyed?

     Consider that death has already been destroyed, and yet is being destroyed. The Scripture that says "the last enemy to be destroyed is death" (I Cor. 15:26)is actually translated in the present future tense as " death is being annulled," showing the "restoration of all things," as referred to in Acts 3, which indicates a process.
     How can we believe death has been destroyed?  Did not the very resurrection of Jesus, with the precursor of dead Lazarus brought to life, show that? Jesus had to die a physical death and then resurrect to have victory over it. He is the first-born of many sons.
     Now, He resides in us. He is eternal Life. I will leave it at that.
     Could it be that because we "accept death" that we are putting our expectation there, and succumbing to it?
     "He must reign until all enemies be put under His feet." (I Cor. 15:25) -After Jesus' ascension, wasn't He seated at the right Hand of God and began His reign, due to His victory? And what did He have victory over except sin, death and the devil?
    
I am contemplating these things today in light of the fact that my father-in-law passed away yesterday morning. I saw him fight harder than anyone I know to stay alive for many months, and am now wondering if he had known he could win this fight (the enemies' last attack on the human being) by having Christ in him and with that, His victory over death, perhaps he would have still been here? Could Christ be hoping that someone would catch this vision of His victory already and enter into it, accelerating the Kingdom coming to this earth as it is in Heaven? I'm not making conclusions, but just asking questions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home