Great and Unsearchable Things

Things the Lord gives me, and then I write them.

Sunday, March 30, 2014

Godly Sorrow and Mercy; Both lead to Repentance

    
It's the mercy of God that leads people to repentance, and it is also Godly sorrow that leads to repentance. When we sin, are sorry for it, and decide to turn to God (repent), it is most likely because we know that He will meet us with mercy when we do. So, the mercy of God must be taught or demonstrated by others in our life to know that. If God was not a merciful God, who would go to Him for forgiveness? Instead, we would run away and hide, which many do because they don't know God. That is part of what we, as believers, are to proclaim: "His mercy endures forever." This truth believed helps others see that He will receive them with opened arms, if they turn from their sin and unto Him.
John 6:37-
"All that the Father giveth to me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me, I will not cast out."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home