Great and Unsearchable Things

Things the Lord gives me, and then I write them.

Thursday, January 10, 2013

The Mysterious Work of God

     Love is deep, and often alludes us. As Christians, I don't even think we've even begun to tap the wells of it. Not agape love, anyway.
     It seems like I know more about what it is not, instead of what it is. I know whenever love has been violated; it's whenever strife and selfishness are involved.
     Today in the Bible Study I have ever Thursday, we will examine the sacrifice of Jesus Christ on our behalf, and in doing it, will discover what true love looks like. But, even in that, in being able to see, will that enable us to be love, or to do it? What does it take for His love to really begin to flow through us?
     The principles in the book, "The Dynamics of Grace" suggest that when the dams on the inside of us are removed, then His love is allowed to flow more freely. This makes sense in the world of physics, but is it true spiritually? I think it is.
     Everything in the spiritual realm happens by faith. We believe we have surrendered to His work, and we believe He is doing it, and we believe He will complete it. We believe that there will be results to this work, and we believe that "our faith will become sight" one day. We believe that the pain, struggle and heartache we go through are being used by Him in this work to perfect us, and so it atleast brings us a measure of comfort knowing this, and makes it worth it. We believe that a major effect of His work is that His Love will find it's way to the outside of us eventually. Not our self-protective love, but His agape love.
     Without faith, it is impossible to please God. And so believing Him for all of this is pleasing Him. We can't see it, but we believe it. And our faith is tested in the process. It is tested whenever we don't react in love towards others. We are tempted to think that there is no work being done really, because of the "evidence," but then we are reminded that "faith is the substance of things hoped for; the evidence of things unseen." Wow! Having faith itself is the evidence, not our being able to see it!!!
     And so we stay in this blind condition, which is a glorious condition because it pleases God for us to believe Him when we can't see what is really going on. Faith is the currency of the Kingdom one could say. Are we rich or poor?
     Do I hold onto my blindness and know that God is at work in me both to will and to do of His good pleasure, even though what I see appears contrary to it? As I've confessed before, I fail at love everyday!!! But I trust God. I trust that He will finish what He started in me, because HE SAID HE WOULD, and He is not a man that He can lie. He won't betray me. He is faithful! And it is not just my desire of having His love flow through me, but His also, so again according to His Word, "He will give me the desires of my heart." I know this is especially true when my desires are His desires.
   Lord, as I abide in You, Your love will transfuse me. I don't know how that happens, but it does. Your fruit will develop in me. One of those fruits is your perfect Love. Have your way, Lord. May Your beauty and abundance flourish on my branch for the praise of Your glory only!!!!

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home