Great and Unsearchable Things

Things the Lord gives me, and then I write them.

Thursday, August 02, 2012

Your Kingdom Come

     "Thy Kingdom Come..."-How does His Kingdom come? Some say we are to "take over" this world with our Christian ways and principles, and then Jesus will come back. But then Jesus also said, "My Kingdom is not of this world." Some claim by demonstrating signs and wonders and using our gifts, and "doing mighty exploits" is how His Kingdom comes. But then Jesus said that His Kingdom is not by observation.
     What if His Kingdom coming, the Kingdom Jesus said is "within", happens whenever our flesh (sin nature) yields to His Spirit, and is allowed to have the preeminence in us, and in that way His Kingdom comes through us, and is built that way? For example, if someone is pressed by a very frustrating situation, and instead of venting or trying to run away from it, instead calls on the power of God to endure it by demonstrating "patience" (the fruit of the Spirit) ? Could this be when His Kingdom comes, when we "let" it come through us? His ways are not our ways, He has told us.
     It seems like the deeper I go with the Lord, the more He shows me how my former understanding of His truths have been interpreted through my carnal mind, and He replaces them with spiritual understanding from His mind. When He does that, it is never flashy or self-exalting, but it is God exalting where I am the vessel through which He is showing Himself.
    Am I willing to accept this new understanding? Is demonstrating "patience", for example, in my daily life, before God and the on-looking host of heaven, "good enough" for me? If not, then I have alot more growing to do. Or should I say, alot more dying to do.
     Even so, come Lord Jesus, and take your place in me, so that You alone can truly be the King of your Kingdom so that all will know that you have come. Use me, as  your vessel, to demonstrate the pure and true values that comprise that Kingdom. Amen. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home