Great and Unsearchable Things

Things the Lord gives me, and then I write them.

Friday, May 25, 2012

Your "mite" Matters

Feeling kinda "bluesy" today. This post is for anyone who has struggled with feeling "less than" or "not good enough" no matter what you do. Always "falling short" is another way of saying it.
The Lord has helped me with this as He directed me to one of His parables, the one about the lady who gave her last "mite." Remember the nay-sayers who poked fun at her because of the little amount she gave? Remember what the Lord said about that? He said that she had given more than them because she gave all she had and they gave out of their increase.
I have been feeling guilty lately (and for awhile actually) about my limitations, and how they fall short of what I want to give because I can't cope with certain things. For whatever reason I have developed in this way, it (and my ability to cope) is all I've got. The Lord used this parable to encourage me to say that I do give all I have, even if it's a tiny bit, and even if it's judged by others as insignificant. A mite given freely and from the heart is worth more than a large amount given for show or self-gain.
This helps me know that my little does matter and God can use it as He sees fit. It also helps me accept myself and be at peace.
I hope this helps you too if you struggle in this area. God sees the "mite" you are giving, and He says to you, "You've given all, and I approve of you."
What does this have to do with Jesus' coming back? Everything when you accept His acceptance of you, and you know that you won't be ashamed at His appearing because you will be dressed in white linen which is the righteousness of the saints applied to you by the blood of the Lamb.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home