Great and Unsearchable Things

Things the Lord gives me, and then I write them.

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Peace, Brother!

I'm going to try this, and see if it works, meaning I want to say something and I hope I can communicate it without anyone misunderstanding what I am trying to say, so here goes. I'm glad that I was a part of the "peace generation." I was in the thick of the hippie movement when I attended college. (Well, it was thinning out in 1970, but still very much there.)
I was one who gave serious thought and stopped and talked to the people at the table in the Student Union with the sign on it that said, "Do you believe in war?" I was only 18 then, and I wanted to be able to answer that question for myself. I discovered that I do not believe in war, in the sense that I don't believe that people should kill each other. Although idealistic in a fallen world, I still don't believe that people should do it. My ideal is that no one would ever kill another human being on the planet, and I know it's your ideal, too.
The other day I got nostalgic about the generation that I had been born into, and so I got on You Tube and listened to a song called, "If You're Going to San Fransisco" by Scott Mckenzie. His voice is wonderful and the song itself is very melodic. It brought back memories of being so young and thinking that I really wanted to go there, and when I did, I definately would be wearing flowers in my hair. As far as there being a "love-in" there, I imagined that meant that everyone who would be there would all just get along, in the fashion of the late Rodney King, rest his soul. (I am aware that others pictured a "love-in" very differently.)
Seriously, the ideals were good: no war and people just getting along or living peacefully, loving each other. Of course as I 've grown up and see things from a spiritual perspective, I realize that only the Son of God, our Prince of Peace, will bring peace when He establishes the new heaven and the new earth. Won't that be great when men will beat their swords into plowshares, and make war no more, and all of creation on the new earth will be one with their Creator and one with each other? Can you imagine it? I missed going to San Fransisco, but I won't miss it when Jesus restores all things back to His perfect plan for mankind. What a true Love-in that will be when He comes back to get His beautiful Bride!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home