Great and Unsearchable Things

Things the Lord gives me, and then I write them.

Sunday, November 18, 2018

A Champion Comes to Fight!!!

(This post is birthed out of intense, personal and mental suffering, after coming through on the other side)
Have you ever experienced such an attack on your mind, against yourself, that it was so powerful, to disable you to resist and fight back? And, during the rage within, you were aware of your own defenselessness? You knew the giant that came against you had taken you captive, and there you were, bound and gagged? And so, being in that place of vulnerability, you surrendered to it, not knowing the outcome, whether good or bad.
What about your faith? Where was it at that time? It seemed that it was being held captive too. Satan was showing you, using the Word that you had no faith, adding to the torment.
There are several things to remember (although that ability is severely impaired during one of these attacks,) that helps when looking back. One, that may be primary, is that if you have set your will to follow His, completely surrendered to Him, then satan will come to try, by any means possible, to kill Him within you. He does not want His power, truth and love to be proclaimed in the earth, because, after all, for a season, the world does belong to him, and we are squatters, as he sees it. The next thing to remember is that any attacks on your person, are not personal, although it seems like it, because you are the direct target, and your soul feels it immensely. You will feel guilt, fear and condemnation, all at the same time. The vulnerability of your soul will be laid bare, and your faith will recoil, as you wallow in it's helplessness.
On the up side of all this suffering, you can know that you cannot escape, nor would we want to, the given reality that God will take any form or degree of suffering, and use it for His purposes, ordained since the foundation of the earth, and because you are His, He will give more of His glory to you (at some point in time) because of the sufferings you go through. This is too deep and wonderful to plumb!!!
How did I get out of this captivity, I asked, looking back.  God showed me what had happened, in the spirit, for me to be released. Did I rise up and fight off the devil? No, I was unable. Did I overcome by the word of my testimony? No, I was unable. Was I so good at warfare, by this time, that it was no problem to win this battle? No, my will and my faith were bound. Well, what happened, then? How was I set free from this seeming tormenting hopelessness?
The Lord reminded me of a verse in the hymn, which He brought to my mind.
 Here it is: A CHAMPION COMES TO FIGHT! The truth in this sentence, a lyric in the hymn, A Mighty Fortress is Our God, burst in to my spiritual awareness, showing me that when we are faithless, He is yet faithful. He showed me that in my weakness, His strength is made perfect. He brought to my understanding that when I hold my peace, that He would fight the battles that I couldn't.
A picture comes to mind, of a damsel in distress  without hope of rescuing herself, having been attacked by a power much stronger than her ability to do so. After her sufferings has done it's perfect work, the One who has made Himself responsible for her care; Her protector and defender, comes to the rescue, bringing deliverance, that only He could bring. And, that is what happened to me, and that is what happens to you when you are in a similar situation. Struck down, but not destroyedk the Word says. We are not destroyed because the Destroyer of the destroyer, came and once again brought satan to his knees, on your behalf,  proving once again, of His love to you, to the world, that what happened on the cross, truly happened.
So thankful that He is my Mighty Fortress, and that even when I am down for the count, He comes on the scene, and makes mincemeat of my accuser. He is indeed the Lover of My soul, and no weapon formed against me will prosper, for this is the inheritance of the servants (and beloved children) of the Lord!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home