Great and Unsearchable Things

Things the Lord gives me, and then I write them.

Thursday, June 07, 2018

Little Foxes Spoil the Vine

     It is our ruts or routines, possibly becoming habits, even addictions that rob our lives. Repetitive behaviors that we may find security in, or feel comfortable with, can close us off from following the path of the Spirit each new day. 
     If we have certain swaths of time roped off because we are doing this or doing that, and leave the rest to God, then we have not really surrendered all. 
     I have found that I have had 4 things which may be considered the "little foxes that spoil the vine" in my life. These things become ritualistic in my day, if I don't get a handle on them. Today I want to just stop doing them, freeing up my time to really be present in my life, or should I say, His life in me. I want to offer Him all of me and my time. I am finding, however, that it is not easy. Has what I enjoy become a trap? Does it have it's claws in me? Have I fallen and I can't get up? 
     Even though, we, as believers, have resurrection power on the inside of us, our repetitive behaviors has become imprinted in our souls, (mind, will, emotions, and sometimes our bodies) and there is still a battle to overcome. That is where I am now. I feel the pull on the inside of me to stay in my predictable path, and tell myself it will be alright. But, God, is saying "no." He is saying that He wants nothing to have a hold on us. He wants to have free reign in our lives, and that is exactly what it will take for our lives to fulfill His plan and purpose for it. 

"They triumphed over him (the enemy of our souls) by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony; they did not love their lives so much as to shrink from death."-Rev. 12:11

To be conformed into His image, which is His ultimate plan for our lives, we must not shrink from the death of our flesh. It is a struggle we must be willing to endure. I must be willing to endure the breaking of these habits, not tomorrow, not the next day for, today is the day of salvation. 



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home