Great and Unsearchable Things

Things the Lord gives me, and then I write them.

Friday, February 19, 2016

The Devil Comes A Courtin'

     (For those of you who are younger, and maybe not even American, the word "Courting" means to "woo" or even "to date someone." It is an old word, that probably my grandparents used, but has been passed down through the ages by word of mouth, but no one really uses it today.)
     I've used it in the title, though, because that is what popped into my mind, when I thought about a friend of mine who is presently being courted by the enemy and she doesn't even know it. I can see it happening on the outside looking in. It is similar to knowing when someone is not good for your daughter or son, and they are oblivious to it because there is some kind of hook that the other person has in them. I don't think it's gone that far with my friend, but it could progress in that direction.
     I wanted so badly to tell my friend what I saw to try and protect her from harm, but the Lord held me back. I've learned through error as I've walked with Him, to acknowledge Him and not to lean on my own understanding. (or fleshly urges) I realized on one level that she would defend herself, and be blind to what I saw anyway, and that she might even take it as an insult, and so I waited until He showed me what to do and when.
     One night I woke up and the time was now to help my friend, but it wouldn't be through the natural realm, but in the spiritual or supernatural realm. I stood in the gap (stood in for her) and prayed against the spirit of flattery, and rebuked it in Jesus' Name from attacking her soul.(mind, will, emotions) This spirit is a very insidious one, and feels good too, which makes it all the more undetected from our sight. If we are still wanting to be acknowledged and appreciated by human beings, we are vulnerable to it's luring us into it's grip.
     How could I do this warfare for her, you might ask? I came on her behalf (intercession) by the power of the shed blood of Jesus Christ and the finished work of the cross! If we are His surrendered ones, we can freely "approach the bench" and stand before the Just Judge, and present our case because of what Jesus has already accomplished. My case was that He "triumphed over powers and principalities and made a show of them openly," (the devil and his demons or spirits) and it was on this reality that I rebuked them in His Name. The Judge pronounced that my case was valid, on the facts presented, and so because of that, the criminals would indeed be cast out and off (rendered defenseless with not a leg to stand on) of my friend.
     Now, I can rest in the battle won, on behalf of my friend. I can be assured that if she walks into the bondage set before her, it will be according to her own will, and not because she's been tricked, lured, or held captive by the enemy. At least now, I know I have done all that I can do for her. I will still remain open if He leads me to answering any question she might ask me about her decision. In these cases, it is very important to seek Him every step of the way.

    

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home