Great and Unsearchable Things

Things the Lord gives me, and then I write them.

Tuesday, February 16, 2016

You Can Run, but You Can't Hide

     It's a given that God uses our sins, and makes everything good if we are His child. Only God could do that! But, today I am wondering how different my life here on earth would have been if my sins had not been committed.
     When I was first married, I was lonely and confused, and didn't know how to relate to anyone well, much less my husband. Things that I would do and say brought division and unhealthy results in our relationship and in me too. Put simply and truly-I was leading a sinful life which affected me negatively, and everyone and everything else  around me too.
     Because I lived in the shame of my sins, I wanted to escape where we were living. Little did I know that I couldn't run away from myself, and my sin-filled heart, but that I needed to be forgiven and made clean. I controlled my husband to make him move to another city. While there, we had trial after trial, and not the peace that I was seeking.
     Yesterday, I visited the city we had first lived; the place I ran from 38 yrs. ago. It is one of the most beautiful towns that I know of, and it is just the right size to raise a family in. When I was there, God spoke to my heart and said that this was the place He had chosen for us to be, but I took control of my life and forced a move. He showed me that it was due to the sin of controlling. Wow, I thought. Because I am now His, I could clearly see and acknowledge what He was saying was true.
     What would our lives had looked like, I wondered, if we had known Him back then and had stayed in our quaint, and lovely city? It would have made all the difference in the world. Although, I know it's not about living in a certain place, but what is in a person's heart. I knew, though, that all of our lives would have been a beautiful reflection of His love and grace to those around us, and we would have be blessed to live there. My restlessness would have been cut short, if I would have called out to Him for mercy and help instead of taking things into my own hands.

     Just being nostalgic, and blessed for Him to reveal what was and what could have been if only................but despite all the problems and the pain, the important thing is that God Found Me, and He has changed my life and the lives of my family and He is shining His light through us to others where we live now.  I am thankful for His rescuing grace!!!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home