Great and Unsearchable Things

Things the Lord gives me, and then I write them.

Thursday, August 06, 2015

Where's Your Heart?



Proverbs 19:17-"If you help the poor, you are lending to the LORD--and he will repay you!"


It's like this:


The Lord: Can I borrow some money?


You: What do you need it for, Lord?


The Lord: I need it to help the poor with their basic needs of food,  clothing and shelter.


You: Well, of course, Lord.


The Lord: I'll pay you back.




Who of God's children wouldn't "lend" the Lord some money if He came to them and asked, with the gracious offer to pay it back even? Well, He is doing that all the time, whenever He brings needs to your attention. The need itself cries out to be met, and it's as if the Lord is crying out to you to fill it with the resources He's provided for you.




I John 3:17,18-"But whoever has the world's goods, and sees his brother in need and closes his heart against him, how does the love of God abide in him? Little children, let us not love with word or with tongue, but in deed and truth.…"



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home