Great and Unsearchable Things

Things the Lord gives me, and then I write them.

Monday, September 15, 2014

Prayer for God's Protection from the World

     Oh Lord-Please don't let me slip into the abyss of the world and it's pleasures! You said that in the last days people will be lovers of pleasure more than lovers of God, and I don't want to be that. All around me are people getting manicures, pedicures, massages, new things, new cars, going on vacation after vacation, buying new fine clothes, indulging in the finest eating places, adding field to field, and house to house, buying more and more and more, and in my mind's eye, it appears to all be for "heaping it on oneself." Help me from being sucked into this picture of indulgence, Lord. I want to do what You want me to do with what is remaining of my life. Use me for Your glory! That is what You want. This is what I want. My life is not my own; I was bought with a price. The price of Your life for mine. I let You have it;  protect me from the evil one who tempts and tries to take what isn't his. Protect my mind, will and emotions from his schemes of appealing to the lust of my flesh. God, lead me and guide me today, and make me strong in You to do Your Will only for the praise of Your glory. In Jesus' Name.


If you sense the tremendous pull of the world's riches and entanglements in your own life, pray this prayer with me, your sister. Together we can put 10,000 demons to flight. Remember, he not only tempts to do evil, but also so subtlety to  love the world and the things of the world. He slowly wants to work in our minds in justifying "our pleasures and delights" telling us "we deserve it" or "everyone needs a little fun in their lives," of whatever tiny little fox lie he comes with to work a little yeast in the dough of our being. Especially in these last days, when we are tempted to pacify the fear and tension of these evil times, he comes with his offers. Resist him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home